The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) will be hosting an advanced training programme for accredited healthcare brokers in Cape Town on 9 October 2019. Details on induction sessions for brokers in other provinces will be made available on the CMS website: www.medicalschemes.com
The training will among others, cover the following topics:
- Broker Conduct, Pitfalls and Ethical Behaviour
- Prescribed Minimum Benefits (PMBs)
- Overview of healthcare and PMB costs
- Recent court rulings and judgments
- Update on the Medical Schemes Amendment Bill and the National Health Insurance (NHI) Bill
The deadline for registration is 23 September 2019.
For more information on the training and how to register, read CMS Circular 66 of 2019.