The Registrar of Long-term and Short-term Insurance gave notice of the release, for a second round of public comment, of the proposed replacement of the Policyholder Protection Rules under the Long-term and Short-term Insurance Acts.
The proposed replacement of the PPRs are required to give effect to several conduct of business reforms.
Comments may be submitted in writing on or before 2 October 2017 to the FSB, c/o Jo-Ann Ferreira at email@example.com
The PPRs include requirements for representatives, and independent intermediaries and FSPs are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the proposals.
To read more and download the documents, click on the links below:
- Board Notice 153 of 2017
- Comments matrix – FSB response to public comments PPRs Dec 2016-version
- Revised draft Replacement of Long-term Insurance PPRs (September 2017)
- Revised draft Replacement of Short-term Insurance PPRs (September 2017)
- Supporting document – LT PPRs – Sept 2017 amendments to Dec 2016 version
- Supporting document – ST PPRs – Sept 2017 amendments to Dec 2016 version