This webinar will focus on the practical application of the duties of Information Officers and Deputy Information Officers as set out in the Guidance Note issued by the Information Regulator on 1 April 2021.
During this webinar, we will:
- Explain who the Information Officer is and what their duties are.
- Explain who the Deputy Information Officer(s) are and what the requirements are to fulfil this position.
- Walk you through the Information Regulator’s website and share the templates, procedure and mechanisms to register Information Officers and Deputy Information Officers.
- Discuss the impact and consequences should a business choose not to register an Information Officer.
- Expand on the requirements of Section 55 of the POPI Act in relation to the duties and responsibilities of Information Officers.
- Discuss the responsibilities of Information Officers and Deputy Information Officers to ensure ‘internal awareness and training’ for management and staff as required in Section 6.2.5 of the Guidance Note. Share practical tips on how effective communication about POPI Act Compliance dovetails with Data Privacy Management to help reduce risk.
- Look at how business operations and employees’ daily actions can be managed in order to best protect customers’ personal information, and as such mitigate breach risks.
- Explain the risks and liabilities of Information Officers and the penalties that could be imposed should a breach occur.
- FSPs, Key Individuals and Representatives will earn 1 CPD hour towards maintaining their competence requirements.
- FPI members will earn 1 CPD hour in the Ethics and Practice Standards category.
Interested in attending this webinar ?
Click on the links below to register or browse dates for this webinar.
How will attendees benefit
After attending this webinar, you will have a good understanding of the duties and responsibilities, as well as the risks and liabilities of Information Officers and Deputy Information Officers.
Accredited by the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI)